Deadline: 11 March 2013 (annual)
Study in: any Country
Course starts 2013
Brief description:The purpose of the e8 scholarship also known as Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship Programme is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
The e8 Scholarship Programme is designed for the Masters level or Post-Doctoral studies only. It does not fund PhD studies.
Host Institution(s):All universities are eligible for the e8 scholarship. It is preferable that the candidate pursue her/his studies in a university outside his home country.
Field of study:The programmes eligible for the e8 scholarship must be directly related to sustainable energy development.
Number of Awards:Up to two Post-Doc and ten Masters scholarships will be awarded annually.
Target group:Citizens of developing and emerging countries.
Scholarship value/inclusions: Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Masters level students. Scholarships of US$ 30,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Post-Doctoral students.
Eligibility:To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must
• plan to undertake studies at the Masters level or Post-Doctoral level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development
• be citizens of the developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAC List of ODA Recipients effective as of 2006 .
The e8 considers an outstanding student to be one:
• who graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class
• who is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding
• who has a history of community involvement
• who is committed to sustainable energy
• who is committed to return and contribute to her/his home country
Application instructions:Information and the application form can be obtained online by clicking on this link to the Application Forms page. Applications for the Masters programme must be received by 11 March 2011.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.e8.org/index.jsp?numPage=79
e8 Scholarship Program FAQs: http://www.e8.org/index.jsp?numPage=196