Courses: All fields
Level: Undergraduate (Bachelors) & Postgraduate (Masters-PhD) Degree
Provider: Federal Scholarship Board
Country to Study in: Several Countries
Description: The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry of Education through the Federal Scholarship Board is offering the Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Oversea Scholarships to Nigerian undergraduate, masters and doctoral students.
The BEA Awards are scholarship awards made to eligible Nigerian youths after due process by development partners who have entered into Bilateral Educational agreement with Nigeria. Nigeria equally offers reciprocal awards to citizens of the following Bilateral Education Agreement countries: China, Romania, and Cuba.
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), is hereby inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2014/2015 Nomination Interview for the Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award tenable in Russia, China, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, Macedonia, e.t.c.
(A). Undergraduate Scholarship
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC or NECO (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their field of study including English language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2012 or 2013)
- Age limit is 22 years.
(B). Postgraduate Scholarship
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least Two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- A knowledge of the Foreign language of the donor country is desired particularly for those applying for Russian Award.
- All applicants must have completed NYSCE.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Note: (For all Applicants): Knowledge of the language of the country of choice is an added advantage.
Eligible Groups: Citizens of Nigeria ONLY.
Participating Institutions: All accredited institutions of higher learning in the participating countries that have Bilateral Educational Agreements (BEA) with Nigeria.
The Participating Countries Include:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies: tenable in Russia, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Macedonia.
- Postgraduate (PG) studies: tenable in Russia, China, Turkey, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, etc.
Fields of Study:
- Undergraduate Level: Medicine, Paramedical, Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, etc
- Postgraduate Level (Masters Degree and Ph.D): all fields
Note: Awardees study the language of the country in their first Year and this constitutes the language of instruction throughout their study.
It is pertinent to state that performance in the language course determines the continuation of the course of study for which the award has been made.
Number of Awards: Not specified, but several would be awarded
Sponsorship Duration: The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4 – 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Scholarship benefits: The participating countries (see above) are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following;
- $500 monthly for supplementation
- $250 yearly for warm clothing
- $200 yearly for Health Insurance
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only
- $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable
- N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
- N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable
Method of Application: To apply for the federal government scholarship, all qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Scholarship Board’s website: www.fsb.gov.ng
- Click on Application Center
- Click on BEA Award Application in the Application Center
- Read Requirements & Instructions
- Continue to complete the online form and submit
- Print completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip and bring two (2) copies to the interview venue (find attached Timetable).
Venue of Interview: All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues nearest to them as scheduled for their respective states of origin. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two authenticated photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonial
- Only one Certificate will be accepted ie WAEC or NECO
- Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC or NECO and forwarded to the Director/ Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja.
- Two copies of Birth Certificate.
- State of Origin Certificate duly signed, stamped and dated.
- Eight (8) passport sized colour photographs on white background
- Data page of current International Passport, and
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificate will be required from applicants for postgraduate studies.
Original Documents should be Presented at the Interview Venues for Sighting.
|2014/2015 BEA Interview Venues and Dates From 24th – 28th March, 2014|
|1||North West/ FGC Sokoto||Kano & Kaduna State||Kebbi & Jigawa State||Zamfara & Katsina State||Sokoto State||Collation of Result|
|2||North East/Gombe||Borno & Yobe State||Adamawa & Taraba State||Bauchi State||Gombe State||Collation of Result|
|3||North Central/FGC Minna||Benue & Kogi State||Plateau State & FCT||Kwara & Nasarawa State||Niger State||Collation of Result|
|4||South West/Osun||Lagos & Ondo State||Oyo & Ekiti State||Ogun State||Osun State||Collation of Result|
|5||South South/FGGC Benin||Delta State||Cross River & Bayelsa State||Akwa-Ibom & Rivers State||Edo State||Collation of Result|
|6||South East/FGGC Umuahia||Enugu & Ebonyi State||Imo State||Anambra State||Abia State||Collation of Result|
Applicants are strongly advised to attend the interview at their zones of origin.
Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates
- Medical certificate of Fitness including HIV/AIDS,Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B free certificates and chest x-ray from a Teaching Hospital, General Hospital or National Hospital. Abuja, or any Hospital as designated by the awarding country.
- Police clearance certificate with finger prints (on request).
You should visit the official website (link to it is below) and also read the BEA 2014/2015 Scholarship Interview Announcement.
DEADLINES: The 2014/2015 BEA scholarship application closing date is 23rd March, 2014.
The interview venues and dates are scheduled between 24th to 28th March 2014. Applications should be submitted before the nomination interview of 24th to 28th March 2014.
Federal Scholarship Board (FSB),
Plot 245 Samuel Ademulegun Street
Central Business District, Abuja
Or, any of the Six (6) Zonal Offices at: Enugu, Gusau, Minna, Akure, Bauchi and Port Harcourt.
Application Deadline: 23 March 2014
Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)