The University of Oxford invites applications for the 2014 Murray Master’s Scholarship in Classics in the UK. The University seeks master’s applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic ability, who will contribute to the University’s ground-breaking research, and who will go on to contribute to the world as leaders in their field, pushing the frontiers of knowledge.
The University contributes 40% of the funds for these scholarships, together with 60% from generous donations provided by numerous supporters of the University and its colleges
Worth of Awards
- 100% of university and college fees and a grant for living costs (at least £13,726).
- Awards are made for the full duration of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course.
- For scholarships offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of the scholarship each year is subject to annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the award, applicant must
- apply to start a new Master’s Course at Oxford in the Faculty of Classics.
- ensure that they meet the selection criteria for their course (see the Course Guide for more information).
- The scholarship is only tenable at Wadham College. All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) they state as their preference on the graduate application form.
- However, successful applicants will be transferred to Wadham College in order to take up the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- This scholarship is not open to candidates applying for Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma Courses, part-time courses, non-matriculated courses or to students with deferred entry.
How to Apply: All eligible applicants who have applied for admission to the University by the relevant January deadline for their course (24 January 2014), will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Deadline: application for this scholarship closes on January 24, 2014
Decisions are expected to be made around April 2014.
Successful candidates will be notified via email and will receive an award letter.
Click Here for Details and Apply Online: http://www.ox.ac.uk/feesandfunding/prospectivegrad/scholarships/university/ogs-murray/