Courses: Several fields
Level: Graduate (Masters) Degree
Provider: University of Sussex
Country to Study in: UK
Description: The University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships support the best in global talent, offering financial assistance to exceptional students each year.
The scholarships are available in the majority of Sussex Schools, and are awarded on the basis of academic performance and potential.
Eligibility: In order to be considered for a Chancellor’s International Scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have applied for and accepted a place to start a Postgraduate Taught Degree at the University of Sussex (e.g., MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma) excluding the degrees listed below (see ‘Fields of study’)
- Applications for places on the post graduate programmes must apply on the Postgraduate Application form.
- Be assessed as liable to pay fees at the “overseas” (namely the non-EU) rate.
- Have sufficient funds to meet your tuition fees and living expenses, after taking account of the possible award of a Chancellor’s International Scholarship.
Selection criteria: Awards are given on the basis of academic performance and potential.
Eligible groups: Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT the UK and EU countries). The list of specific countries can be found on the right-hand pane of the official website (link to it is below).
Participating Institutions: University of Sussex in the UK
Fields of study: The scholarships are available in the majority of Sussex Schools for available postgraduate taught masters courses.
All Postgraduate taught degrees (e.g., MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma) are eligible, excluding the following:
- Courses in the Institute of Development Studies, except the MA Gender and Development course
- MSc in Social Research Methods + DPhil combined (1+3 degrees)
- International foundation years, International Year One Diploma in Business and Management, and Pre-masters
- Pre-Masters Degrees and Diplomas taught at partner colleges which are validated by Sussex.
Number of awards: Up to twenty-five Scholarships are awarded each year
Sponsorship duration: The scholarships are offered for one year (the duration of the degree programme), subject to satisfactory progress
Scholarship benefits: The value of this award is 50% off International Student tuition fee.
Method of Application: Applications for places on the available degree programmes at the University of Sussex must be made via the Postgraduate “Application form” for Postgraduate study (available in PDF and WORD formats).
The Application form may be found on the University of Sussex website (link to it is below). When fully completed, you should return the form by email, post or fax to:
Student Funding Team
Student Life Centre
University of Sussex
Chichester 1, Ci003
Falmer; East Sussex
BN1 9QJ; UK
Fax Number: +441273873344
DEADLINES: The closing date and time for applications to be received is 1st May 23:59:00 BST prior to the academic year commencing in September.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications received after 1st May cannot be considered.
Please take due note of the timetable:
- By 1 May: Deadline for all applications to be received
- By 19 June: Notification to first choice and short-listed candidates
- After 3 July: Notification to successful short-listed candidates if first choice candidates do not take up the scholarship
Students accepting a Chancellor’s International Scholarship may be required to undertake occasional promotional or support duties for the University of Sussex at times agreed between the student and the University
The Chancellor’s International Scholarships can only be held at the University of Sussex.
The scholarships are available to students paying the higher “overseas” rate of fee. In most cases EU students will not be eligible unless you have been specifically classified as liable to pay the overseas rate.
As a top research-led university, the University of Sussex aims to attract the most talented students irrespective of background with a range of taught postgraduate scholarships that few other universities can match. Read more about the scholarships on the Postgraduate taught scholarships page and search the funding database for details of all awards.
Application Deadline: 1 May 2014
Open to International Students: Yes