The Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Scholarship is now open to international students for the 2014-2015 Scholarships in Australian Universities. The Scholarship provides occupational or work-related knowledge and skills. The courses are directly related to a trade, occupation or ‘vocation’ in which the applicant participates. These courses exclude degree and higher level programs normally delivered by universities.
The Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Scholarship aims to:
- enable students from varied backgrounds to undertake study in Australia
- further develop recipient’s knowledge and skills in their areas of expertise
- showcase Australia’s vocational education and training sector
- strengthen mutual understanding between the people of Australia and recipient’s home countries
- build international linkages and networks, and
- address skills shortages in recipient’s home countries.
Worth of Awards
- Award total value is Up to $119,500
- The Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Scholarship provides financial support for up to 2.5 years for international students from participating countries to undertake vocational education at a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree level in any field of study in Australia.
- English language training in Australia will also be provided when the English language results fall within the specified requirements outlined in the Applicant Guidelines.
- Applicants applying for an Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Scholarship must have applied for and gained admission to a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree course at an Australian vocational education institution and provide a formal Admission letter from their Host.
- Applicants may also provide a Confirmation of Enrollment (COE) from their Host.
- Commencement of the course must be for 2014 and stated clearly in the Admission/COE letter. If Admission has been received for 2013 (semester 1 or 2) the application will be deemed ineligible. If deferment for commencement in 2014 has been approved by the institution, evidence in the form of an updated Admission letter from the institution acknowledging that deferment has been approved for 2014 commencement must be provided.
- Conditional Admission letters will be accepted at the time of application. Please note that if your admission letter contains prerequisites (i.e. certificate IV leading into a Diploma), these must be included in the admission letter. The Department will not accept two separate admission letters.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted using the Endeavour Online Application system.
- Contact Officers will receive an email with a PDF copy of the application only when an applicant selects the ‘Print to PDF’ button or when the application has been submitted.
- If an applicant’s University Contact Officer would like a copy of an application while it is still in draft status and editable by the applicant, the applicant must login and select the ‘Print to PDF’ button before they submit the application.
- The Endeavour Online Application system will not allow you to submit your application unless your application is complete, with all required supporting documents uploaded. Once you have provided all the required documentation and information in your application through the Endeavour Online Application system a submit button will appear. Once you click on the submit button you will receive a system generated email advising you that your application has successfully been submitted through the Endeavour Online Application system. Please keep a copy of this email for your records. If you have submitted but did not receive a notification email, you may contact the Endeavour Management Team.
- If you do not have reliable internet access and are unable to apply online, you can request a hardcopy application form by sending an email stating your country of citizenship and/ or permanent residency, the reason you are unable to apply online and the Scholarship and Fellowship you wish to apply for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Applications for the 2014 Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are now open and will close on Sunday June 30, 2013 at 11.59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).